Arctic 39N Family
The Arctic 39N liquid lens is designed specifically for variable focus products needing a large clear aperture: long focal objectives, large sensors, C-Mount objective lenses, laser beam shaping… It is perfectly suited for applications such as industrial vision, medical imaging cameras, optical equipment and biometric devices.
Arctic 39N is based on Varioptic’s breakthrough liquid lens technology, allowing variable focus with absolutely no moving parts.
Arctic 39N features 20 diopters of dynamic range, guaranteeing 5 cm focus ability and offers the same low power consumption, high shock resistance and fast focus ability that have made the success of the Arctic series of liquid lenses.
Typical performance at 25°C
Clear aperture @0° field of view
Clear aperture @50° field of view
Low optical power
|-5 diopters (m-1)|
|High optical Power||+15 diopters (m-1)|
|Optical quality (Wave Front Error)||50 nm (rms)|
|Transmission @ 587nm||97%|
|Outer diameter||13 mm|
|Thickness (rear window to front of lens)||4.25 mm|
|Total thickness||4.05 mm|
|Storage Temperature||from -40 to 85°C|
|Operating Temperature||from -20 to 60°C|
- Supports Continuous Autofocus for video up to 30 fps
- Fast response time
- Focus range supports 5 cm to infinity
- Easy to integrate-improved yields for camera module production
- A-39N0: Arctic 39N with an Anti-Reflective coating optimized in the visible range
- A-39N1: Arctic 39N with an Anti-Reflective coating optimized in the Near Infrared
- A-39N9: Arctic 39N with no Anti-Reflective coating
- A-39NX-P-04: Arctic 39NX (X=0, 1, 9) with FPC-A-4
Getting started with Arctic 39N
For more detailed information on optical, mechanical, electrical performance and design, please contact us.