Arctic 316 Family
The Arctic 316 variable focus liquid lens is the perfect fit for low footprint systems requiring fast response time and large focusing range, and is especially suitable for miniature industrial cameras. It provides a fast track to market to product designers looking for an easy to integrate, high performance auto focus solution.
Arctic 316 is based on Varioptic’s breakthrough liquid lens technology, allowing variable focus with absolutely no moving parts.
Arctic 316 comes with two different AR coating options and also in a pre-packaged type, with straight or bent FPC connection.
Typical performance at 25°C
|Low optical power||-5 diopters (m-1)|
|High optical Power||+13 diopters (m-1)|
|Optical quality (Wave Front Error)||45 nm (rms)|
|Transmission @ 587nm (Arctic 316)||97%|
|Transmission @ 850nm (Arctic 316-AR850)||97%|
|Power consumption (actuator only)||1 mW|
|Life cycles||>> 100,000,000|
|Storage Temperature||from -40 to 85°C|
|Operating Temperature||from -20 to 60°C|
- Supports Continuous Autofocus for video up to 30 fps
- Fast response time
- Focus range supports 5 cm to infinity
- Easy to integrate-improved yields for camera module production
- Arctic 316: has Anti-Reflective coatings optimized in the visible range
- Arctic 316-P-A: Packaged Arctic 316 – Straight flex cable
- Arctic 316-P-B: Packaged Arctic 316 – Bent flex cable
- Arctic 316-AR850: has Anti-Reflective coatings optimized in the near infrared range
- Arctic 316-AR850-P-A: Packaged Arctic 316 – Straight flex cable
- Arctic 316-AR850-P-B: Packaged Arctic 316 – Bent flex cable
Getting started with Arctic 316
For more detailed information on optical, mechanical, electrical performance and design, please contact us.